søndag 23. oktober 2011

Sightseeing in Hong Kong

I am sitting on Starbuck across the street to my apartment, and enjoying my caffé mocha.  I have had a wonderful day, and experienced a lot. I never thought it could be so many treasures in a city like Hong Kong.

Today I took the ferry across Victoria Harbour to discover Hong Kong Island. My plan was to take the ferry to the Opera Hong Kong, but my plans never seems to go as planned. I managed to go on the wrong ferry, and ended up close to The Bank of China Tower. It is an incredible skyscraper that reaches for the sky. I would definitely say that this building is the most beautiful and remarkable skyscraper I have ever seen in reality.

Afterwards I took a taxi to the Opera Hong Kong. It appeared to be the Hong Kong International Jewellery Show. Everywhere there was something that sparkled, large diamonds, gold, silver and pearls. A big company there is called Continental Jewellery, and I got the chance to meet the Chan family. The family owns Continental and has become one of the riches families in Hong Kong. Dr. Charles Chan was the first person in Hong Kong to introduce several concepts of mass production into the jewellery manufacturing.

The Chan family invited me to join them for an opera this evening, so I better get dressed for this event.


Sources: 


Picture source:

http://www.jewellery-hk.org/about3.php

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar