søndag 23. oktober 2011

White person lost in Hong Kong !

As bad as it might seem, I now got lost in a sign-jungle. I fell asleep at the train and now I am totally lost, and have now idea of where I might be. At least I know that I am at the Shamrock Seafood Restaurant, but not where it is located. 




I have just eaten, but I am not sure of what it was. Normally I would ask for some traditional food, but it seems like I am in a local restaurant were all the food is typical Hong Kong and Chinese. First they served me a terrible tea, (I am not a tea person, and therefor most of the tea I drink is not good). As well I got a wet cloth, and I did not actually know what to do with it, but I watched the other costumers, they used it as a cleaning napkin, and mimicked them. Afterwards I got my lunch. They served me some noodles with fish. It tasted good, but I have no ide what it was called. According to the menu there are a lot of noodles, rice and fish at the restaurant, and probably in the rest of the city as well.




The waitress even gave me a local newspaper to read in, South China Morning Post. At one page it was an article about a teenager from Hong Kong, who where representing the city in the first international Twenty20 match on urban soil. It was a large picture of him holding up the flag of Hong Kong. It is red coloured and in its centre there is a white flower, a Bauhinia blakeana, (a normal flower to see in Hong Kong). At the flag, each petal has a red star. The red base represents Hong Kong´s relation with China. It has been the proportion flag of Hong Kong since 1st of July 1997, when Hong Kong became a part of China instead of Britain.



I probably should move on in this sign-jungle and discover the hidden treasures of Hong Kong.



sources: 



Picture source: 
http://www.flagsinformation.com/hong_kong-country-flag.html 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar